AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Saturday, February 6, 2010

20 weeks!

So our little girl is baking away so well. I can't believe we are already 20 weeks along! It seems like this pregnancy is going by so much faster than the last one! It is most likely because last time all I had to focus on was watching that darn clock tick the minutes by so slowly. This time I have a little boy to entertain me. And entertain me he does! And everyone else around him.

So far the pregnancy is going as well as expected. My cervix length has been good so far, but I am closing in on the time frame that I was put in the hospital with Cameron so I am starting to get a little nervous. I was 22 weeks when that happened, and I will be 21 weeks on Tuesday. I am going in on Tuesday to have my cervix lenght checked again. My friend Amy (Cameron's godmother) is going to come with us to see the little girl wiggle around on ultrasound for the first time. I am keeping every little bit crossed that my cervix is still over 3cm. I would appreciate the same from anyone else.

Other than that I have been trying to take it as easy as possible to ensure my cervix holds for as long as possible. I have the pelvic pain and horrible back pain that I had last time. I am already walking around like a little old lady, and I still (hopefully) have at least 15 more weeks. I developed a cold on Wednesday so I am trying to avoid Cameron so as to not have him catch it. So far, so good.

Speaking of Cameron... He is like a weed! He is 17 months old as of yesterday. He is getting so grown-up. But he is still such a tiny little guy. In the last 2 weeks I have had one person ask me if he was 9 months old and another in complete disbelief that he is 17 months old because her 17 month old is 10 lbs heavier! He is talking up a storm. He says the normal Mama, dada, up, Hi, uh oh. But he is starting to pick up other things like doggie, thank you, bye bye, night night, ka-ka, hot, tickle tickle, and love you. He is interacting very well: he waves Hi and buh-bye, lifts his arms up when you change his shirt, nods yes when you ask him questions. He is blowing kisses and can show you his belly and head.

He is becoming very independant. He wants to do everything himself, whether it be feeding, dressing or taking a bath, HE wants to do it. But how can you say no to those big 'ol blue eyes!

We LOVE our boy and can't wait to meet our girl. AND just so everyone is clear NO names for the little princess will be discussed until AFTER she meets the world. Same as with Cameron.

This week when I get dressed for my Dr. appointment I will take a picture of my ever-growing belly. I will also post up some new pictures of my man on the run. Hope everyone is having a good weekend and enjoys their superbowl Sunday.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Grats on the halfway mark! It's so huge to know we've come this far. You and your family are always in my prayers - both of us will bring our little ones home safe and happy despite whatever our cervix decides to throw our way!

Definitely can't (but will since our little ones ARE baking until 35 weeks) wait to see pictures of her! Plus curious about the name!

Hugs!
~Tammy~