AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What a week.....

I have had one whirlwind of a week. I drove up to Midland on Friday to be with my friend Mauria who was expecting her baby. We walked around the mall to try to get her contractions going, because the hospital kept telling her she wasn't "really" in labor. But she was! I knew she was! Keith drove up Friday night to be there when the baby was born, as Mike and Mauria asked Keith and I to be Kaylee's godparents. Saturday we all went to lunch for Mauria's "last meal" before she was put in the hospital. We then went to do more walking which caused the contrax to increase. Mauria was admitted and Kaylee was born at 8:50am Sunday August 9th, 2009.

Melissa was supposed to go in Tuesday to have her c-section but the hospital told her that she couldn't have the c-section yet, they pushed it off until next Wednesday, so it looks like I will have to make another trip up to Midland next week to see little Ashton born.

On top of that, an old friend of our's dad passed away this weekend. He was a pilot and his plane crashed over the weekend. It was a huge surprise and a very tragic loss. So today, Melissa and I went to the viewing and paid our respects. I wish I could have done more.

Cameron has learned to bite....Not my favorite thing in the world. Today he was mad at me and went to bite my foot. I quickly moved it out of the way and his mouth hit the floor. His tooth which has been getting close got a more aggresive push.....

Keith was sent to California yesterday for business. He will be back in a few days.

And this afternoon after all this, I was driving home from Midland when I remembered. Today is Keith and my 3rd wedding anniversary. How can I forget my own anniversary? There was just so many things going on. And Keith being a couple thousand miles away.... Ho-Hum. Pity party.

No comments: