AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Cameron Gage Sylvester is here!!!



A surprise I know, but our baby has arrived! September 5th, 2008 at 5:14pm he was 7lbs 3oz and 19 1/2 inches. Cameron is our little miracle boy. If you want more detail, my birth story is as follows.


On Wednesday evening (9/3) Keith and my mom were leaving to drive overnight to our house in New York to meet the movers, leaving me in Midland. At approximately 3am that evening I was woken by a very sharp pain in my lower back (a contraction, even though I didn't realize it at the time) It stopped shortly and I went back to sleep. I woke again at about 9am (9/4) with the same pain and they continued to come for a while. I was starting to get worried so I called my mom in New York and she told me to go in and get checked. I wasn't convinced it was really anything, so I sort of put it off for a while. When a friend showed up to take me in I gave in and went assuming they would send me home and tell me it was nothing. Little did I know, when they checked me I was already dialated to a 3. So they admitted me and because I was still 5 weeks early, pushed some meds to hopefully stop the labor. We immediately called Keith and he jumped in the car and started the 9 hour drive home (probably speeding) A few hours later it seemed the meds weren't working as I had progressed to a 4. By now we were sure Keith would be too late and I was very upset but then the meds seemed to kick in and I stayed at a 4 for quite a while. Keith made it after midnight and they gave me ambien to sleep. In the morning (9/5) I was at 6 cm but not really contracting badly. Two hours later I was at 7.5 and the doctor broke my water. At this point the contractions really started coming. I was given nubane and then an epidural and within another 2 hours I was ready to start pushing. My contractions still weren't very strong so I had to push for about an hour and a half. As soon as they cut the episiotomy the doctor practically had to catch the little bugger he came out so fast! 5:14pm! They weighed him and he was so much bigger than anyone expected him to be at 35 weeks! He proved that his lungs were definitely well formed. Most of the docs believe my ob's were off on my due dates and they are considering him full-term.


We are at Mom's now and little Cameron is doing spectacular. He is eating great and sleeping like a trooper. I am probably biased but I think he is the most gorgeous baby in the whole world. Phew.... Gotta go now and hold my precious bundle of joy.

1 comment:

Jen said...

CONGRATS GUYS!!!! :) I'm so happy for you! Glad little Cameron is doing great!! Good thing you didn't go longer! He would have been a 12 pounder!!! :)

Congrats again and I'm glad you guys made it back home to deliver the little guy! :)